Women & Gender Equality
Included below are links to a variety of networks, organisations and publications that you may find of value. If you are aware of others that you believe would be of benefit, please forward details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Fawcett Society – Campaigns for equality between women and men in the UK on pay, pensions, poverty, justice and politics.
- STAR Project – The STAR Project (Surviving Trauma After Rape) is a free support service for women and men, aged 14 and over, in West Yorkshire and offers counselling, emotional and practical support.
- Nari Ekta – A local Asian girl’s/women’s training organisation.
- WCTS – Supports the mental health and emotional well-being of women living in Leeds, prioritising those on a limited income.
- Women’s lives Leeds – Leeds Women’s Aid is the largest women’s charitable organisation in Leeds. They provide a range of services for vulnerable women and families with multiple complex needs.
- Million Women Rise – A coalition of individual women and representatives from the women’s voluntary and community sector which organises an annual national demonstration against male violence that coincides with International Women’s Day.
- International Women’s Day – Marked on March 8th every year, this is a major day of global celebration for the economic, political and social achievements of women.
- Womens Aid – A national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children. They support a network of services across the UK.
- Amazing Women Rock – ‘An online community for amazing women (and those who appreciate them)’.
- Rights of Women – A women’s voluntary organisation committed to informing, educating and empowering women concerning their legal rights.
- Fatherhood Institute – The UK’s fatherhood think-tank.
- VITAE – Vitae is a national organisation championing the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes.
- Forward Ladies – A business networking organisation for professional women.
- A Guide for Women in STEM – Research shows that women are underrepresented across most technical and scientific fields, including data science. This guide is intended to provide a general background and specific resources for women considering STEM fields.