Included below are links to a variety of networks and organisations that you may find of value. We welcome further additions to the page - please email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nari Ekta - A local Asian girl’s/women’s training organisation.
- BAME Health and Wellbeing Hub - A citywide Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) service. This service supports you with having the best quality of life possible regardless of your life challenges.
- Business in the Community - Supports employers to ensure that ethnic minority employees are represented at all levels.
Black Community Events
- Leeds West Indian Carnival - Leeds West Indian Carnival is Europe’s longest running authentic Caribbean carnival parade. The first to feature all three essential elements of Caribbean Carnival, costumes, music and a masquerade procession.
- UK Black Pride - UK Black Pride is Europe’s largest celebration for LGBTQ people of African, Asian, Caribbean, Middle Eastern and Latin American descent.
- Heritage Corner - Demonstrates creative collaborations and public services on the historic African presence in Yorkshire. Walks, talks, creative workshops, research, performance and presentations. We engage with top artists and cultural experts to offer diverse and inclusive public and educational projects.
- Black History 365 - Celebrates Great Black British Achievers.
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN) - Home of the largest community of Counsellors and Psychotherapists of Black, African, Asian and Caribbean Heritage in the UK.
- Black Lives Matter UK - A coalition of people from across the UK who believe deeply that #blacklivesmatter.
- Racial Justice Network - The West Yorkshire Racial Justice Network brings together over thirty organisations and individuals from across the region to proactively promote racial justice.
- Runnymede Trust - the UK's leading independent race equality thinktank.
- Jamaica Society Leeds - The Jamaica Society Leeds is one of the UK’s most revered Jamaican community organisations. Founded by six first generation Jamaicans in 1977. We fly the flag for Jamaica, land we love, and Leeds, the city we love and champion the preservation and heritage of Jamaican culture.
- The Anti-racism Toolkit - This toolkit constructed as part of a HEFCE funded Innovations project. Investigating the question of Institutional Racism in Higher Education, using the University of Leeds as its case study.
- Advance HE - Higher Education Race Action Group (HERAG) - HERAG is made up of equality and diversity professionals, academics, students and other individuals interested in advancing race equality in higher education.
- WeRepSTEM - celebrates STEM minorities. WeRepSTEM supports people of colour, professionals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, Indigenous researchers, women of all races, scientists in niche areas of expertise.
- Falling Faster amidst a Cost-of-Living Crisis: Poverty, Inequality and Ethnicity in the UK - in collaboration with the University of Leeds, a new report Falling Faster amidst a Cost-of-Living Crisis has been published by the Runnymede Trust. This report outlines how Black and minority ethnic people are facing much stronger headwinds this winter amidst rising inflation and a stalling economy in the UK.