Included below are links to a variety of networks and organisations that you may find of value. This is not an exhaustive list and will be updated over time. We welcome further additions to the page – please email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BAME Health and Wellbeing Hub – a citywide Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) service committed to ensuring you are supported to have the best quality of life possible regardless of your life challenges.
- Jamaica Society Leeds – The Jamaica Society Leeds is one of the UK’s most revered Jamaican community organisations. Founded by six first generation Jamaicans in 1977, we fly the flag for Jamaica, land we love, and Leeds, the city we love and champion the preservation and heritage of Jamaican culture.
- Heritage Corner – Presenting creative collaborations and public services on the historic African presence in Yorkshire. Walks, talks, creative workshops, research, performance and presentations, we engage with top artists and cultural experts to offer diverse and inclusive public and educational projects.
- Runnymede Trust – the UK’s leading independent race equality thinktank.
- Business in the Community – Supporting employers to ensure that ethnic minority employees are represented at all levels.
- Black Lives Matter UK – A coalition of people from across the UK who believe deeply that #blacklivesmatter.
- Black History 365 – Celebrating Great Black British Achievers.
- Racial Justice Network – The West Yorkshire Racial Justice Network brings together over thirty organisations and individuals from across the region to proactively promote racial justice.
- Windrush Day– On June 22 every year, the UK recognises Windrush Day to honour the British Caribbean community. The observance was first introduced in 2018.
- Leeds West Indian Carnival – Leeds West Indian Carnival is Europe’s longest running authentic Caribbean carnival parade – the first to feature all three essential elements of Caribbean Carnival, costumes, music and a masquerade procession.
- UK Black Pride – UK Black Pride is Europe’s largest celebration for LGBTQ people of African, Asian, Caribbean, Middle Eastern and Latin American descent.
- Nari Ekta– A local Asian girl’s/women’s training organisation.
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN) – Home of the largest community of Counsellors and Psychotherapists of Black, African, Asian and Caribbean Heritage in the UK.
- The Anti-racism Tooklit – This toolkit has been constructed as part of a HEFCE funded Innovations project looking at the question of Institutional Racism in Higher Education, using the University of Leeds as its case study.
- Advance HE – Higher Education Race Action Group (HERAG) – HERAG is made up of equality and diversity professionals, academics, students and other individuals interested in advancing race equality in higher education.
- WeRepSTEM – aims to celebrate STEM minorites — people of colour, professionals with disabilites, members of the LGBTQ community, Indigenous researchers, women of all races, scientists in niche areas of expertise — and everyone in between.