The University is committed to providing an environment that supports staff and students’ mental health.
- The Staff Counselling and Psychological Support service provides confidential professional support for all University staff for personal or work-related problems and challenges.
- If you think you may be experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or other mental health issues affecting your work, contact the confidential, one-to-one support funded by the Department of Work and Pensions and delivered by Remploy. You get nine months of virtual support including tailored work-focused mental health support, coping strategies, personal support plan to help you keep in or return to work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial chat and to book a session.
- If you’re feeling a bit down, or would just like a general chat. An Occupational Health Practitioner (all nurses with wide- ranging experience) will arrange a suitable time during office hours with you for a confidential wellbeing chat.
- The Student Education Service Support and Wellbeing web pages provide information about mental health support for students, including self-help and counselling services.
- The Universities Chaplaincy has Chaplains from different faith backgrounds who provide pastoral and spiritual support by appointment or virtual drop-in.
- The Health and Wellbeing team have lots of practical information and advice for looking after your mental health.
- The Sport and Physical Activity team has information about healthy activities, physiotherapy, sports massage, health assessments and nutrition.
- The LOGIK Centre offers a variety of courses and social clubs for university staff.
Local and National Support
Included below are links to a variety of mental health networks, organisations and publications.
- Leeds Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- MindWell Leeds provides quick and easy access to up-to-date mental health information in Leeds, including information about mental health support groups for men.
- The Women’s Counselling and Therapy Service supports the mental health and emotional wellbeing of women living in Leeds, prioritising those on a limited income.
- Forward Leeds is the alcohol and drug service in Leeds for adults, young people and families.
- The Market Place offers free and confidential support for 11-25 year olds in Leeds, including one to one support, counselling, group-work and our drop-ins.
- The Samaritans in Leeds provide confidential non-judgemental support to people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
- Leeds suicide bereavement service is run by Leeds Mind and Leeds Survivor Led Crisis Service. You can access support as an individual, family or work place and they provide 1:1, peer groups, family support and counselling.
- Support After Rape and Sexual Violence Leeds is the dedicated Rape Crisis Centre for all women and girls in Leeds affected by rape and sexual violence.
- Leeds Domestic Violence Service works with women, men and families in Leeds, offering emergency accommodation, support, advice and advocacy. LDVS supports anyone experiencing domestic violence and abuse and actively encourages people from LGBT+ communities to access their support.
- The Mental Health Foundation are dedicated to finding and addressing the sources of mental health problems.
- Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- The Centre for Mental Health is a charity with over 30 years’ experience in providing life changing research, economic analysis and policy influence in mental health.