The University is committed to providing an environment that supports staff and students’ mental health.
- The HR web pages provide information for members of staff and managers including relevant policies and guidance for dealing with stress and mental health issues in the workplace.
- The Staff Counselling and Psychological Support service provides confidential professional support for all University staff for personal or work-related problems and challenges.
- The Staff Mental Health and Disability Network is a welcoming space for all colleagues with a personal interest mental health. Contact Susan Kilminster for further information.
- The Student Education Service Support and Wellbeing web pages provide information about mental health support for students, including self-help and counselling services.
- The Wellbeing, Safety & Health service have a useful overview of wellbeing resources available for staff.
- The Sport and Physical Activity team has information about healthy activities, physiotherapy, sports massage, health assessments and nutrition.
- The LOGIK Centre offers a variety of courses and social clubs for university staff.
Local and National Support
Included below are links to a variety of mental health networks, organisations and publications.
- The Mental Health Foundation are dedicated to finding and addressing the sources of mental health problems.
- Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- The Centre for Mental Health is a charity with over 30 years’ experience in providing life changing research, economic analysis and policy influence in mental health.
- MindWell Leeds provides quick and easy access to up-to-date information for all adults in Leeds, including GPs, employers and other professionals.
- The Women’s Counselling and Therapy Service supports the mental health and emotional wellbeing of women living in Leeds, prioritising those on a limited income.