This year the observance of Ramadan and Eid celebrations may continue to be impacted by Government restrictions in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus. The restrictions could impact on who is able to take part in daily fasting, working/studying from home arrangements and participation in communal prayers and meals. The Muslim Council of Britain have provided tips for working and studying from home during Ramadan and COVID-19 Guidance for Muslim Communities.
The Equality & Inclusion Unit has also provided recommendations for responding to student or staff requests for flexibility on grounds of religion or belief and guidance about Prayer and Contemplation, as well as a religious festival & events calendar.
Students, staff and visitors are welcome to contact any of the following student/staff members for any further information or enquiries:
- Farhat Yaqoob, Muslim Student Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0771 370 7857
- Leeds University Student Islamic Society
- Sharif Patel, Muslim Staff Network, email@example.com
- Universities’ Chaplaincy in Leeds, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0113 343 5071
- The Equality & Inclusion Unit (EPU) email@example.com