We believe that every student, staff and other member of our community should be treated with dignity and mutual respect. We should all be part of a learning and working environment that is free from barriers, regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disabilities, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity status, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As an international, research-intensive university with a strong commitment to student education we will create an inclusive environment that attracts, develops and retains the best students and staff from all backgrounds from across the world and supports them in delivering their ambitions, contributing to our institutional strategic aims.
In addition to complying with all our legal duties under the Equality Act 2010, the University will advance equality and inclusion by:
- providing an inclusive environment where everyone feels included and involved;
- ensuring that our strategies, policies and practices are inclusive to students and staff from all backgrounds;
- working in partnership with our students and staff to increase the engagement of the whole University community with Equality and Inclusion;
- providing a clear framework which enables any unwanted conduct, behaviour or practice to be reported and which assures our students and staff of a robust process of investigation and appropriate action;
- demonstrating senior leadership visibility and accountability for Equality and Inclusion.
Details of our activities around Equality and Inclusion can be found on our news webpage.