The University of Leeds has been commended for its work to support the career development of talented women in the form of a prestigious Bronze award under the Athena SWAN Charter.
Athena SWAN at the University of Leeds and is supported by the Equality & Inclusion Unit, who work with faculties and Human Resources, advising them about Athena SWAN submission requirements and helping them to further embed its principles across the University.
Read more about the national Athena SWAN Charter.
Current University Awards
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Culture, Bronze, awarded August 2022
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, Silver, awarded September 2021
- University Level, Bronze, awarded June 2021
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Bronze, awarded May 2020
- Faculty of Biological Sciences, Silver, awarded May 2020
- Leeds University Business School, Bronze, awarded May 2020
- School of Medicine, Gold, awarded November 2019
- Faculty of Environment, Silver, awarded November 2019
- School of Psychology, Silver, awarded May 2019
- School of Healthcare, Silver, awarded May 2018
- School of Dentistry, Silver, awarded April 2017
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures Bronze Submission May 2022
University of Leeds Athena Swan Submission June 2021
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences Silver Submission June 2021
Leeds University Business School Bronze Submission November 2019
Faculty of Environment Silver Submission April 2019
School of Medicine Gold Submission April 2019
School of Psychology Silver Submission November 2018
School of Healthcare Silver Submission November 2017
Faculty of Biological Sciences Silver Submission April 2017
School of Dentistry Silver Submission April 2017
If you need accessible versions of the PDF and Word documents listed above, please contact us.
These web pages aim to pull together information on the range of support available to women across the University and externally. If you have any ideas for items that could usefully be included, or any other comments on the site, please let us know by emailing the Athena Swan team.
For more information, please email the Athena Swan team.