The University of Leeds takes harassment of all kinds and sexual misconduct very seriously and will not tolerate these behaviours from anyone in our community. Unfortunately, we are aware that staff and students still experience harassment and sexual misconduct on and off campus. We are working to address this and ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all. Our action to date includes:
- Acting quickly and robustly on information provided to us about serious incidents
- Ensuring staff and students have access to appropriate counselling and psychological support
- Working in partnership with Leeds University Union to review all our reporting procedures for staff and students
- Training our staff in being first-responders to reports of sexual/domestic violence
- Developing guidance and support for staff and students. This includes:
- Code of Conduct for Professional Behaviour and Relationships associated with mandatory training for all staff,
- Domestic Abuse: Protecting and Supporting Staff and Students
- Policy on Dignity and Mutual Respect
We want our students and staff to be confident that we will deal with reports of harassment or sexual misconduct with the utmost seriousness, and that appropriate support will be provided by our Student Education Service, HR, and the Equality and Inclusion Unit.
Professor Louise Bryant, Co-Dean for Equality Diversity and Inclusion.
Professor Iyiola Solanke, Co-Dean for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Shelagh Prosser, Interim Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Louise Banahene, Head of Educational Engagement
Linda Mortimer Pine, Director of HR Service & Organisational Change