Included below are links to a variety of networks, organisations and publications that you may find of value. If you are aware of others that you believe would benefit other staff and students, please forward details to: email@example.com
- Leadership and Management Development –Development opportunities are available to all staff throughout the University with a leadership and management responsibility across academic and professional services. This could be as a team leader, leading a research area or taking a lead role in teaching. Leadership and Professional Practice (LPP) within Organisational Development and Professional Learning (OD&PL) offers a range of planned programmes, including a suite of Management Essentials, Managers and Leaders Toolkit (surgeries) and Leadership Development programmes, as well as coaching, mentoring, action learning and peer-peer facilitated communities of practice.
- Mentoring –The University Wide Mentoring Scheme webpages offers guidance and additional resources for mentors and mentees, as well as hints and tips on how to find an appropriate mentor.
- Academic and Research Practice –To enable an influential world-leading University research profile OD&PL, through their Academic Practice team, supports the development of Academic and Research skills and careers by providing a suite of courses and resources for research students, postdoctoral research staff, early-career academic staff and senior staff with research management and leadership responsibilities.
- Personal Development for Women – LPP offers both Aurora and Springboard programmes. Aurora is a leadership development programme for women launched in 2013 by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (now Advance HE) and is aimed at grade 8 staff and above. Springboard is an award-winning three-month personal development programme designed especially for staff at grades 2-4.
- Promotion Opportunities –The University has in place procedures for applying for promotion which are open to all staff. Details of the procedures can be found on the HR webpages.at:. As part of the support to staff for this, LPP have offered a Promotions surgery for BAME staff in collaboration with Leeds11. OD&PL will also be supporting the roll out of similar sessions specifically for LGBT+ staff, disabled staff, and female staff.
Please see the Leadership and Professional Practice website for an array of programmes, surgeries and resources: http://www.leadershipandprofessionalpractice.leeds.ac.uk