Faculty of Medicine and Health: Wednesday 6 March in University House, Great Woodhouse Suite
from 9.30am until 1pm followed by lunch and networking
This year the Faculty of Medicine and Health will celebrate International Women’s Day with a morning of presentations by speakers including:
- Professor Sue Pavitt, School of Dentistry and MS Society’s ‘Most Inspirational’ award winner
- Oluwafunmilayo Abari, School of Medicine talking about ‘Owning your identity and building resilience in communities.’
- Understanding the Gender Pay Gap – What is it and what are we doing about it?
- Insights from local charities Joanna Project and Together Women
Our event will be held on Wednesday 6 March in University House, Great Woodhouse Suite from 9.30am until 1pm followed by lunch and networking. Places are filling fast so please via eventbrite.com.
Women at Leeds: ‘Celebrating Achievement: Overcoming Barriers’ for International Women’s Day 2019
Thursday, 7 March 2019, 12-13:00 GMT, Liberty Building Lecture Theatre LG.06
Join us to celebrate International Women’s Day with our panel with our inspirational panel of Leeds women:
- Louise Banahene, Head of Educational Engagement
- Bridgette Bewick, Associate Professor in Psychological Health and Wellbeing
- Karen Tsui, Collaboration Development Manager , Worldwide Universities Network
We will also have an interactive element and we invite you to wear purple and be photographed striking the balance pose (examples are available on the International Women’s Day website), to link in with the event theme #balanceforbetter – we’ll be sharing all your photos via our @Women_at_UOL Twitter account on IWD itself, on 8 March.
All staff and students across the University are welcome to attend our event. Register for your place on everntbrite.com.
Breaking Boundaries in STEM: Women in Research
Friday 8 March, 1pm-3pm
School of Chemical and Process Engineering, Seminar Room SR (4.07)
We are pleased to announce the Faculty of Engineering next event in the series on ‘Breaking Boundaries in STEM’ aimed at inspiring students and staff to believe in themselves, push the boundaries of what they can achieve, and break down stereotypes. To celebrate International Women’s Day 2019, the event will focus on:
Women in Research: How to have a rewarding career and work-life balance
Join us to hear inspirational stories how to can shape a research career to make a difference, bring up family, and enjoy life.
Panellists include :
- Netta Cohen, School of Computing
- Taisir Elgorashi, School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Ornella Iuorio, School of Civil Engineering
- Louise Jennings, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Elaine Martin, School of Chemical and Processes Engineering
- Catherine Noakes, School of Civil Engineering
- Briony Thomas, School of Mechanical Engineering
The session will include: an inspirational video to stimulate discussion; followed by the panel; and networking with refreshments.
All staff and students are invited, sign up on eventbrite.com.
International Women’s Day Event: Women, Leadership and Power
Friday 8 March 2019, 12-13:00 GMT, Worsley Dental LT (6.142)
With academics from the Faculty of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health and the School of Food Science and Nutrition, we will discuss Women in Leadership and Women in Power.
Come and join us for a free event hosted by the School of Food Science & Nutrition to celebrate International Women’s’ Day.
Keynote: Women in Leadership
Mark Hollingsworth – CEO Nutrition Society
Panel: Women and Power
- Professor Lisa Collins, Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Dr Niamh Forde, Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Dr Yun Yun Gong, School of Food Science and Nutrition
All are welcome to attend. Please register your place on eventbrite.com and for further information please contact Sameera Rafiq.