- Date: Thursday 17 May 2018
- Categories: Carers Leeds
Carer’s Leeds visit the University once per month to offer free, one to one, confidential 30 minute appointments to staff who are working carers. On Thursday 17 May there will be appointments for staff members who are caring for a family member or friend who has an illness, disability or substance misuse problem.
Anyone interested should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to book appointments on a first come, first served basis.
The aim of these appointments is to provide a wide range of practical advice, support and information, including:
- Carer benefits and allowances
- Access to sitting services, respite and carers breaks
- Carers assessments
- Opportunities for carers to support each other and a range of Carers Support Groups
- Looking after your wellbeing as a carer
- Equipment and support for the cared for person
Feedback received from those using the Carers Leeds service has been extremely positive, with support to access services, offers of help to complete forms and home visits along with the opportunity to be fully listened to, supported and understood. There is also further information on support for staff with caring responsibilities.
The available times are:
10:00 – 10:30
10:40 – 11:10
11:20 – 11:50
12:00 – 12:30
12:40 – 13:10